Raw Butternut Squash Pesto Pasta
Treat yourself to this yummy delectable raw butternut squash pesto pasta dish, which is lip-smacking good and healthy too! Butternut squash is a winter vegetable known to have powerful antioxidants, cancer-fighting properties, promotes healthy bones, fights against inflammation, premenstrual symptoms (PMS), and is likely to aid in weight loss. This is a great dish to pair with yummy sauces, your favorite vegetables, or toppings of your choice.
Healthy Tip: It’s very important to make sure to include high-protein sources in each meal. You can increase sources of protein by adding plant-based proteins to your food, such as tree nuts, seeds, or hemp hearts.
1 butternut squash (peeled, sliced, and spiraled)
A handful of grape tomatoes (halved)
1/2 Julienne zucchini (thinly sliced)
8 oz Basil pumpkin seed pesto
1/2 Avocado (pitted)
Season with Himalayan or kosher salt and pepper to taste
1. Wash all produce. Peel and slice off each end of the butternut, so that it can be spiralized.
2. Next, spiralize butternut till the pieces are approximately 5-6 inches long. Set aside in a serving bowl while you prepare the pesto ingredients.
3. Meanwhile, prepare the pesto.
4. Next, pour pesto over the top of the butternut.
5. Slice tomatoes, zucchini, avocado and make sure to remove the pit.
6. Top the remaining ingredients over the top of the butternut.
7. Season with Himalayan or kosher salt and pepper to taste!
If you love this recipe share it. Also, follow us on social media.