Raw Butternut Squash Pesto Pasta
Treat yourself to this yummy delectable raw butternut squash pesto pasta dish, which is lip-smacking good and healthy too! Butternut squash is a winter vegetable known to have powerful antioxidants, cancer fighting properties, promotes healthy bones, fights against inflammation, premenstrual symptoms (PMS), and is likely to aid in weight loss. This is a great dish to pair with yummy sauce’s, your favorite vegetables, or toppings of your choice.
Healthy Tip: Its very important to make sure to include high-protein sources in each meal. You can increase sources of protein by adding plant based proteins to your food, such as tree nuts, seeds, or hemp hearts.
1 butternut squash (peeled, sliced, and spiraled)
A handful of grape tomatoes (halved)
1/2 Julienne zucchini (thinly sliced)
8 oz Basil pumpkin seed pesto
1/2 Avocado (pitted)
Season with Himalayan or kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Wash all produce. Peel and slice off each end of the butternut, so that it can be spiralized.
- Next, spiralize butternut till the pieces are approximately 5-6 inches long. Set aside in a serving bowl while your prepare the pesto ingredients.
- Meanwhile, prepare the pesto.
- Next, pour pesto over the top of the butternut.
- Slice tomatoes, zucchini, avocado and make sure to remove the pit.
- Top the remaining ingredients over the top of the butternut.
- Season with Himalayan or kosher salt and pepper to taste!