Hearty Vegan Bean Patty Sandwich (Gluten-Free)
Oh my goodness!! This hearty vegan bean patty burger sandwich recipe will tantalize your taste buds! It’s packed full of raw vegetables. This recipe encompasses nutrient-rich baby spinach, fibrous slices of julienned zucchini, antioxidant-rich red bell-peppers, and omega-3-rich avocado. Spinach has a ton of minerals and vitamins. Zucchini is very alkaline and known to reduce high cholesterol, whereas red bell peppers are packed full of vitamin C and contain about 10 times more beta carotene than green bell peppers. This combination of veggies I used went well together, but you can certainly replace any of the veggies I used with your favorite veggies.
1 frozen vegan patty (Gardein brand)
1 Julienne zucchini (sliced lengthwise)
1/2 avocado (sliced, pitted)
1 red bell pepper (cut, de-seeded, sliced lengthwise)
A hand full of baby spinach
1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil (cooking oil)
Gluten-free bread/bun (Silver Hills bread)
- First, use a skillet and grease lightly with olive oil. Turn burner medium heat.
- Next, place the frozen patty in the skillet and let cook for about 4 minutes on each side and remember to flip in between.
- Meanwhile, wash and prepare the veggies. Wash baby spinach and transfer to a paper towel to dry.
- Slice the Julienne zucchini lengthwise into 1/4 inch slices. Next, cut and de-seed the red bell pepper and slice lengthwise into 1/4 inch slices.
- Next, place the bread on a small serving plate.
- Spread hummus over both pieces internally.
- Add your toppings! Build the sandwich by layering the veggies on top of one another. Then put both halves together!
If you love this recipe share it. Also, follow us on social media.