Middle Eastern Masoor Dal
Traditionally, lentils (Dal) are known to be a staple food item in vegetarian-style Indian cuisines. I love to start my homemade Dal soup with sautéed veggies in the saucepan to get their natural juices flowing beforehand; gives off a unique flavor along with a variety of aromatic seasoning. Personally, I recommend this easy recipe to those who are looking for a healthy way to stock up on plant-based protein. Lentils are not considered 100% complete protein, while they contain a handful (not all 9 essential amino acids) of important building blocks to amino acids that make up a complete protein. Lentils are known to help fight inflammation, reduce high blood sugar, and support bone and teeth health. Not only is my Middle Eastern Masoor Dal recipe delicious, but it’s also a wonderful starter, side soup, or can be served as your main course.
Healthy Tip: Did you know, if you sprout certain beans, lentils, or nuts, all essential amino acids are readily accessible.
1 tablespoon Coconut Oil (cold-pressed)
3 Celery Stocks (diced)
1 White Onion (diced)
8 Oz Bella Mushrooms (sliced)
2 cups Sweet Potatoes (peeled if desired, and cubed)
2 – 3 Bay Leaves (flavoring)
1 teaspoon Cumin (ground0
1 teaspoon Ginger (ground)
1 teaspoon Coriander (ground)
1 teaspoon Curry Powder
1 – 2 Garlic Cloves (minced)
3 – 4 cups purified water
1 1/2 cup Organic Deskinned Lentils Split (dried)
1 heaping tablespoon Vegenaise (Vegan Mayo)
1/4 cup or coconut milk (or your favorite nut milk)
1. First, wash, pat dry produce, and prep.
2. Using a medium saucepan, add coconut oil and turn on medium heat.
3. Add celery, onions, Bella mushrooms, & sweet potatoes along with spices.
4. Sauté the vegetables inside of saucepan, stirring rapidly until onions turn translucent in color and the aromas start to kick in.
5. Next, you will want to add purified water to the mixture. Then place bay leaves into the water to set the flavors.
6. Now you’re ready to add the lentils into the mixture. Slowly stir in lentil until it is completely submerged under the water.
7. Place a lid on top and turn on low to simmer for about 25 – 30 min. Can add more purified water while it cooks, because it will slowly evaporate.
8. Meanwhile, as the lentil is cooking prepare the creamy topping. Mix together topping ingredients in a small container. (Can add less coconut milk for thicker consistency).
9. When the lentils are finished with a (softened texture) you can serve and eat. Voila!
Thank you for reading our blog, you can thank us by buying us a smoothie!
If you find our blog useful, kindly share it with your friends.