Middle Eastern Tahini Spread
This is a yummy middle eastern tahini spread. Tahini is a middle eastern pantry essential. It is called “tahini” or “tahina”, depending on the region. Makes a great add-on for any dish, often used as a dip, spread, or as a side dish. Can add toppings such as herbs, raw sesame seeds or sunflower seeds.
Healthy Tip: Can buy organic raw sesame seeds in bulk section at your local market.
5 cups sesame seeds
1 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Next, toast sesame seeds for about 10 minutes. Using a spatula, flip over the seeds frequently, do not allow to brown.
- Then, pour sesame seeds into food processor.
- Next, combined with oil and turn on low setting till looks smooth. If consistency is too thick, can add more oil based on your liking.
- Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle raw sesame seeds, and douse with olive oil.
- Serve and enjoy! Pair with any of your favorite side dishes or can use as a spread for other recipes.
Toppings: Can garnish with cilantro, Thai basil, mint or other herbs.