Vegan West African Almond Butter Soup
Vegan West African Almond Butter Soup This is a naturally gluten-free, savory, sweet, and spicy soup recipe that has a warming effect. The flavors tend to have a bite of spicy aromas. Can garnish with chopped almonds, herbs, hot sauce, or lemon juice.
Healthy Tip: Buy local or organic vegetables to enhance the flavors
5-6 cups homemade vegan vegetable broth
1 large red or white onion (peeled and diced into small pieces)
2 tablespoons fresh ginger (minced)
1 tablespoon fresh turmeric (minced)
1 bundle collard greens (ribs removed and chopped into small pieces)
3/4 cups raw almond butter (unsalted, chunky, or smooth)
4 tomatoes (de-seeded and diced into pieces)
Season with Himalayan or kosher salt and pepper to taste!
- First using a large saucepan mix in the vegetable broth, onions, ginger, turmeric, and collard greens together.
- Next, measure 3/4 cups of raw almond butter. Add to mixture and stir until evenly blended.
- Next slice tomatoes in half de-seed them using a spoon and cut them into pieces. Add to mixture and cook for about 15-20 minutes.
- Serve immediately. Can garnish with chopped almonds, herbs, hot sauce, or lemon juice. Season with Himalayan or kosher salt and pepper to taste!
- Enjoy! Can store up to four days in the fridge if needed.
Garnishes: Lemon (lemon peel), Orange (orange peel), Apricot (dried apricots).
Thank you for reading our blog, you can thank us by buying us a smoothie!
If you find our blog useful, kindly share it with your friends.