Blood Cleansing & pH Balancing Soup Recipe
Blood Cleansing & pH Balancing Soup Recipe – This is a vegan soup recipe, which is containing powerful healing green vegetables including, cruciferous vegetables, and green leafy vegetables, loaded with antioxidants. Green plants contain chlorophyll, this is useful for replenishing blood cell production. Chlorophyll helps purify the blood and has a neutralizing pH effect. The healing benefits to consuming greens are known to help eliminate toxins and speed up the process of ridding waste through the lymphatic system, reducing high blood pressure and boosting the immune system. Cruciferous vegetables and green leafy vegetables are known to reduce risk of illness or disease. Try this blood cleansing & pH balancing soup recipe and serve with your favorite seasonings. Add garnish using fresh minced lemon peel, herbs, and tahini sauce.
Healthy Tip: Buy organic or shop at a local farmers markets to get the best quality ingredients. Using fresh herbs over dried herbs are better for bringing out the refreshing aroma and flavors.
Fresh Herbs: Cilantro, rosemary, parsley, tarragon, thyme, mint, sage, or Thai basil.
1 tablespoon cold pressed extra virgin coconut oil
1 medium yellow onion (diced)
1/8 cup scallions (chopped)
4-6 cups vegetable broth
1 head broccoli (chopped into smaller pieces)
2 cups fresh spinach
1 ripe avocado (peeled, chopped)
Tahini spread (optional sauce)
A few springs of fresh cilantro and parsley (garnish)
Season with dulse flakes (salt substitute) and pepper to taste!
- First, using a medium size sauce pan heat coconut oil on medium heat. Add diced onion, and scallions on medium heat till they turn slightly browned.
- Next, pour in the vegetable stock and broccoli together into the pan and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Then, remove from heat, and stir in fresh spinach.
- Transfer soup to a blender or food processor and puree with avocado. Puree till smooth.
- Serve and enjoy! Season with dulse flakes and pepper to taste! Garnish with fresh minced lemon peel, herbs and tahini sauce.