Holistic Uses Of Basil
This is a medieval herb, that has well over 40 cultivars of this pungent plant. Basil has a wide variety of medicinal and healing uses. Not only is it popular in culinary to enhance flavors of your meal. It is packed full of Vitamin A, B6, and E. It is also known for its healing anti-inflammatory properties, anti venom properties, and its antibiotic qualities.
Basil has holistic effects on encouraging mental clarity, reducing stress, remove warts, eliminate skin conditions, relief pain and swelling from insect bites, bee stings, cuts, burns, or rashes. Basil contains anti-bacterial properties: which include estragole, linalool, cineole, eugenol, sabinene, myrcene, and limonene. Basil is very soothing and may help eliminate indigestion or upset stomachs.
- Test have proven that by inhaling basil essential oils, are significant to boosting mental clarity by increasing the brains production of beta waves, which are brain waves produced during clear thinking and problem solving.
- Fresh basil can alleviate stress and increase positive mood by simply chewing on 5-10 leafs twice a day.
- Apply crushed leafs over wart or area of concern. Allow the natural oils to penetrate skin. Should notice area improve after a week. In ancient history basil has been used to draw out poison from venomous snake bites.
- Consuming basil should help with reducing symptoms related to indigestion or upset stomach.
- DIY: Make healing tea by using fresh leaves by adding a few into heated water and allowing it to steep for 5-8 minutes. Enjoy the soothing effects.
Other Names: Great basil or Saint-Joseph’s-wort
Nordqvist, Joseph. (25 March 2018). “Basil: Uses, Benefits and Nutrition.” Medical News Today, Web.
Unknown Author. (25 March 2018). “What’s so healthy about basil?” Precision Nutrition, Web.
Unknown Author. (25 March 2018). “Brain Boosting Herbs: The Badass Benefits of Holy Basil” Wise Ape, Web.