Energy Boosting Brussels Sprouts, Red Cabbage, & Carrots Saute’
On a time crunch and need a quick healthy meal? Or are you just needing a boost of energy after a workout? I have an easy recipe for you! This dish is infused with jalapeno pepper, liquid coconut aminos, topped with raw walnuts and halved avocado. Such a savory and spicy dish which is packed with great sources of vitamins C, K, B1, B6, along with many other beneficial nutrients, and minerals. Brussels sprouts and red cabbage are part of the cruciferous vegetables family, a group of powerhouse vegetables known to help fight cancer. Not only are these vegetables high in valuable nutrients, these vegetables offer a large portion of omega-3 fatty acids which are optimal for brain function and mood. For an extra boost of protein, pair this dish with walnuts or your favorite seeds.
Healthy Tip: Try dish with fresh shaved fennel to enhance mineral content. Fennel has a great source of vitamin C, calcium, and phytochemicals which help you exercise and live longer.
1 cup raw Brussels sprouts (chopped)
1 cup red cabbage (chopped)
1/2 cup carrots (peeled)
1/2 Jalapeno pepper (diced into small pieces)
1-2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (cooking oil)
2-4 tablespoons liquid coconut aminos
Hand full of raw walnuts (chopped)
1/2 lemon (minced lemon zest)
2 teaspoons turmeric (powder)
Season with Himalayan or kosher salt and pepper to taste!
- First, using a medium skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add Brussels sprouts, red cabbage, carrots, and Jalapeno pepper.
- Stirring occasionally infuse mixture with liquid coconut aminos, raw walnuts, and continue to stir.
- Next, add fresh minced lemon zest and turmeric to the mixture and mix well.
- Add halved avocado to the dish and season with Himalayan or kosher salt and pepper to taste!
- Serve and enjoy!
Thank you for reading our blog, you can thank us by buying us a smoothie!
If you find our blog useful, kindly share it with your friends.